1. Liquorice root could help enhance the transformation and transportation functions of the spleen and stomach.
2. Since the spleen dominates muscles and the liver controls tendons, liquorice root has excellent properties to relieve pain and cramps of smooth or skeletal muscles.
3. Liquorice root also moistens the lungs and stops coughs. It treats disorders such as shortness of breath, fatigue, sallow facial appearance, decreased food intake, loose stools, and diarrhea.
4. Its neutral property treats coughing and wheezing of various etiologies that stems from either cold or heat, and deficiencies of excess, with or without phlegm.
5. Liquorice root can also be used to clear heat and toxins; it is useful to treat poisoning due to foods, herbs, herbicides, pesticides, drugs and heavy metals.
6. Liquorice root has also been reported to speed the healing of canker sores.
Health food, for cosmetic, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical supplement.